Some of my favourite things right nowJun 13, 2022
How are YOU doing lately?
Things in Singapore are opening up and it feels exciting albeit a little socially awkward.
But then again many of us have spent enough time with ourselves, and being comfortable in our own skin is precisely the #1 way to be great company!
Remember, you are unique, awesome, and fabulous!
Some things on my mind after our 3 week adventure in Sri Lanka...
- I'm embracing longer trips with kids and found it a win win with the grandparents making it all possible. So grateful. Hard in bits, but definitely possible, and shifted my mindset of what was possible, and bonus, we grew a little more resilient in the process :)
- I met the Vedda Chief, of a hunter gatherer tribe in the Gal Oya Lake region. And this reminded me what an anthropologist I really am. And how we are all nomadic, connected, tribal, and dependent on nature for our survival, even now. I did not need to teach him about holistic health, or the wisdom of plants, or on proper body posture, on the importance of rejuvenating our Mother Earth, or on nutrition. My services were not needed there. In the same vein, if you respect the species that we are and live according to our biology, you will have health.
- I was incredibly unfit. My unfitness limited my ability to surf for longer (all that paddling!). I had spent time nurturing and expanding my ability to rest (which doesn't come easy for the burnout crowd, or post partum mummies), but inertia kept me stationery longer than I'd liked. I wasn't moving enough and body was deconditioned. With burnout, I used to say, move when you're ready. But now I'd say, move, and move everyday. In some way or other. Not necessarily high intensity workouts for burnout, but find a way to move in a way that taps you back into your reason for being. Dance, sing, walk, breathe, explore, jump in the waves....I promise you will feel better for it.
- Our safari trips and adventures into more remote areas make me realize h I love nature and the earth and the animals and people, and remind me once more, how sick we are making ourselves. And as hard as it seems for a style conscious me, I will buy second hand and vintage as much as I can. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Primary school sensibilities all over again. An eco awareness and greenwashing.... is everywhere. Always look deeper. Ask questions. There are more and more sources of information geared towards earth regeneration for regeneration sake, not putting profit over people and the earth. Look there. Let's do this!
- I am ever grateful to be able to share my learnings, help you pass the wisdom to others, to make wellness the norm again, starting with yourself and your family.
If you're ready to start living the life you're meant to live, without the sluggishness, without the fatigue and hopelessness, without the bleh, join over 300 people who have walked away with permanent and transferable skills in functional nutrition and health, skills once you learn, I cannot take back from you...skills that you can actually use to help others, and earn your own money in the process.